Autumnal Sunflowers



The October challenge at Penny Black and More is an autumnal colour inspiration challenge of reds, greens, yellows etc. For full details click on the direct challenge link above. Sponsors are Penny Black, Crafty Ribbons and Stamp Addicts. Please take time to read the rules  before you enter your work. 

I decided to use a Penny Black slapstick stamp called Sunny Pair which is a gorgeous Sunflower stamp. I watercoloured the image with a mixture of red, green, and yellow colours from the inspiration chart. I fussy cut the flowers chopping of a tiny piece in my effort but I don't think you will notice it. It was then backed with red and white card. I found a lovely sheet of designer paper for my background and finished off my card using white organza ribbon, pearls and a couple of snippets from a strip of stickers. I am so pleased with how it turned out.
I have entered my card into the following challenges

11 comments:

brenda said...

Warm, rich and opulent Shirley, the backing papers make a lovely backdrop to the bold and bright Sunflowers.

B x

Ellibelle said...

Amazing creations Shirley, what a gorgeous paper you used!

Mervi said...

Totally stunning card, beautifully designed, love it;-))m

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card... Shirley ...
You could enter your card into
PBSC
Hugs Sylvie xx

Whisper said...

Oooo what gorgeous rich autumnal colours, Luv Sam x

Anonymous said...

a stunning fall beauty shirley!

Linby said...

Love the rich opulent feel to this card, stunning. Lynn x

Tracy said...

A lovely richness to this creation Shirley, beautiful.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Craftychris said...

This is beautiful! Wonderful colours! xxx

brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the rich colours!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow