Carrot Collector

Stamp = Penny Black Carrot Collector 40-370

This is my mid month inspirational card for the Penny Black and More October challenge. The Autumnal colours are taken from the inspiration colour board featured on the blog. Please pop over to the blog for all the challenge details using the link above. There is still plenty of time to enter your card or project but please remember to read the rulesSadly several cards/projects have been eliminated from the prize draw as they do not meet the criteria.

For my card I mat and layered card and paper as seen above. This was the first time of using this cute girl with her basket of carrots. It fitted the Autumnal theme beautifully. I mixed water colours to compliment the paper and coloured the image. I matted it to more of the same red card I used and off set it on top of the layers. This left me room for a large flower (centered with a white brad) and die cut swirl with leaves. All it needed to finish off was the tiny red pearls to show off the die cut slightly. As I don't normally use these colours I was happy with the finished card.


5 comments:

brenda said...

I don't think I have seen this image before Shirley, she is very sweet and your use of colour really glows with the feel of the season.

B x

Mervi said...

Fabulous stamp, great that you used it, beautiful colouring, so lovely card;-))m

Anonymous said...

the autumn colours work perfectly with this image on this very sweet card shirley! i love your watercolouring and how you mixed colours to coordinate with your papers. next to watercolouring, mixing colours is my next favourite thing to do.

Linby said...

Never seen this stamp, but love how you used it. Lynn x

Ellibelle said...

This is super cute Shirley! Wonderful sketch and beautifully colored image!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

.

.

.

Welcome to my blog.

e-mail sa.field@btinternet.com

.

.

Follow on Blogluvin

.

Follow Me on Pinterest

.

.

.

.

.

Winner and top 3 awards.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Little Bit Crafty DT Blog

.

.

.

.

My card was chosen for " Cream of the Crop" Jan 2014

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



.Photobucket
.Photobucket
Frosted Designs

Stamps R Us







Blogs I follow